ד"ר אורית ליבוביץ'
Orit Leibovich lecture at the Civil Engineering Department at SCE – Shamoon College of Engineering. She is a member of several technical and experts' committees at the Standards Institute of Israel. She is also a member at ACI - American Concrete and Fédération Internationale du Béton. The research interests include development of analytical models of reinforced-concrete elements subjected to static and seismic loadings
2013- (Current student)
D.Sc. -The Technion – Haifa
Name of advisor: Prof. D. Z. Yankelevsky and A. N. Dancygier
Title of thesis: “Local Interaction between a Reinforcing Bar and Concrete”.
Faculty of civil and Environmental Engineering, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
1986-1989 M.Sc - The Technion – Haifa
Name of advisor: Prof. D. Yankelevsky
Title of thesis: “A Symmetric Column Punching Through A Reinforced Flat Concrete Slab”.
Faculty of civil Engineering, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel. - Graduated with honors
1983-1976 B.Sc. in Civil Engineering Faculty. Faculty of civil Engineering, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel. - Graduated with honors
2016-2018- Research funded by Israeli Ministry of Science, Technology and Space, "Identifying bond and anchorage mechanisms of reinforcing steel in concrete".
Since 2018/2019 - Research funded by Young Research "Behavior of high-rise buildings with external R.C walls with openings and their effect on the building's safety in an earthquake".
1. Yankelevsky, D.Z, Leibovich O., “Punching Shear of Concrete Slabs”. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 41 (1999) 1-15.
2. Yankelevsky, D.Z, Zeiton D., Leibovich O., “Bond – Slip” Behavior, A Fructure Mechanics Approach”, Int. Conf. On Fructure Processes in Brittle Disordered Materials, The Netherlands, June, 1991.
3. Leibovich O., Dancygier A.N. and Yankelevsky D.Z. (2016) An Innovative Experimental Procedure to Study Local Rebar-Concrete Bond by Direct Observations and Measurements, Experimental Mechanics 56 (5): 673-682.
4. Leibovich O., Yankelevsky D. Z., Dancygier A. N., (2018) "Direct Digital Image Analysis of Local Displacements and Strains in Pull-out Test", Structures Vol. 14: 230-242.
5. Leibovich O., Yankelevsky D. Z., Dancygier A. N., (2019) "Circumferential strains on the concrete specimen in a pullout test". Structural Concrete 1-10.
6. Leibovich O., Yankelevsky D. Z., Dancygier A. N., (2019) "Role of Internal Damge Mechanisms in Controlling Bond-Slip behavior in Pullout Teste in Concrete ". Civil Engineering – in printing.
Peer reviewed papers
1. Leibovich O., Yankelevsky D.Z. and Dancygier A.N – "The Effect of Local Rebar Geometry on Global Measurements in Pullout Tests" paper in reviewed
Fib Symposium 18-20 May 2015, C0penhagen, Denmark, Innovative "Experimental Procedures to Enhance Understanding of Rebar-Concrete Bond."
3rd International Symposium on Connections between Steel and Concrete, Stuttgart, Germany, September 27th -29th, 2017, "Experimental Investigation of the Local Strain Field in a RC Pull-out Test."
Fib Symposium 27-29 May 2019, Krakow, Poland, "Strain Fields and Damage Evolution in Concrete during a Pullout Test"
Research reports or Case reports
1. Yankelevsky, D.Z, Leibovich O., "Shear failure of reinforced concrete in static and dynamic action" - Phase I - Punching Shear of Concrete Slabs, National Building Research Institute, 1990, (In Hebrew).
2. Yankelevsky, D.Z, Leibovich O., Bond and anchoring of steel bars in concrete, Part 1, National Building Research Institute, September 1991, (In Hebrew).
3. Yankelevsky, D.Z, Leibovich O., J. J. Golecki, "Cracking mechanism of concrete and reinforced concrete", Part 1, National Building Research Institute, September 1991, (In Hebrew).
Since 2004 Ben Gurion University
Concrete Structures 1
Concrete Structures 2
1986-2001 Technion – Civil Engineering Faculty
Strength of Materials
2013-2017 Technion - Faculty of civil and Environmental Engineering