ד"ר איתן פישר
Born in Glasgow, Scotland. Grew up in Beer-Sheva, Israel. Electrical Engineering studies to Ph.D. at Ben-Gurion University focusing on audio and multimedia signal processing. Ph.D. topic: Near-Field Spherical Microphone Array Processing
Current research includes: Algorithmic Composition; Control for robotics; Audio-based control for robotics. Recent research also includes Improving the energy efficiency of UAV Gliders
2006 – 2012 Ph.D., Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ben-Gurion University:
Thesis title: "The Near-Field Spherical Microphone Array", Supervisor: Prof. Boaz Rafaely.
2001 – 2005 M.Sc., Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ben-Gurion University:
Thesis title: "Voiced – Unvoiced Model Selection in Speech Signals".
Supervisors: Dr. Joseph Tabrikian, Dr. Shlomo Dubnov.
1995 – 1999 B.Sc. studies, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ben-Gurion University.
Engineering project title: "The Effect of Video Camera Vibrations on Target Acquisition".
Supervisor: Dr. Adrian Stern.
Control for robotics
Audio-based control for robotics.
1. List of publications
1. E. Fisher, M. Tubul, and I. Shemesh, "Collecting Wind Energy Using Thermal Updrafts," Renewable energy and power quality journal, No. 12, 2014.
2. M. Tubul, S. Stamker and E. Fisher, "Design and Construction of Radio-Controlled Glider with Renewable Energy Capabilities," Renewable energy and power quality journal, No. 10, 2012.
3. E. Fisher and B. Rafaely, "Near-field spherical Microphone Array with Radial Filtering," IEEE Trans. on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 19(2), 2011.
4. A. Stern and E. Fisher, "Visual Perception of Vibration Distorted Thermal Images," Journal of Electronic Imaging, 17(1), 2008.
5. E. Fisher, J. Tabrikian, and S. Dubnov, "Generalized Likelihood Ratio Test for Voiced / Unvoiced Decision in Noisy Speech Using the Harmonic Model," IEEE Trans. on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 14(2), 2006.
6. O. Hadar, D. Bykhovsky, G. Goldwasser, and E. Fisher, "A musical source separation system with lyrics alignment" WSEAS Transactions on Systems, 5(10), 2006.
7. A. Stern, E. Fisher, S.R. Rotman and N.S. Kopeika, "Influence of severe vibrations on the visual perception of video sequences", Optical Engineering, 40(6), 2001.
8. B. Rafaely, Y. Peled, M. Agmon, D. Khaykin, and E. Fisher, "Spherical microphone array beamforming," in Speech Processing in Modern Communications: challenges and perspectives, I. Cohen, J. Benesty, and S. Gannot, Eds. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2010, ch. 11, pp. 281-305.
2. List of conference papers
1. E. Fisher, Y. Garcia, J. Mendez, B. Shalom, "The robot musician: Almost human or simply a musical robot?" ICR2016, Herzliya, Israel.
2. Y. Garcia, E. Fisher, J. Mendez, "Positioning for a guitar playing robot using a single image," ICR2016, Herzliya, Israel.
3. E. Fisher, Y. Garcia Alvarado, "Multiple Robot Guitar Playing System," 2nd International Conference on Science Technology and Art Relations (STAR`14), Technion / AEA , Israel, 2014.
4. M. Hazan, M. Tubul, O. Hermon, E. Shukrun, and E. Fisher, "Design of wind-turbine-generator for a glider with renewable energy capabilities," 27th IEEE convention of electrical engineers in Israel , Eilat, December, 2012.
5. J. Gontmacher, A. Yarhi, P. Havkin, D. Michri and E. Fisher, "DSP-based spherical microphone array for controlling a mobile robot," 27th IEEE convention of electrical engineers in Israel , Eilat, December, 2012.
6. P. Havkin, D. Michri, J. Gontmacher, A. Yarhi and E. Fisher, " Application of near-field and far-field spherical microphone array algorithms for controlling a mobile robot," IAA conference on Audio and acoustics, 2012.
7. E. Fisher and B. Rafaely, "Nearfield Spherical Microphone Array for Speech," 2nd international symposium on ambisonics and spherical acoustics (ambisonics10), Paris, 2010.
8. E. Fisher and B. Rafaely, "Dolph-Chebyshev Radial Filtering for The Nearfield Spherical Microphone Array," workshop on applications of signal processing to audio and acoustics (WASPAA09), New-York, 2009.
9. E. Fisher and B. Rafaely, "The Nearfield Spherical Microphone Array," Proc. of the international conference on acoustics and speech signal processing (ICASSP08), Las-Vegas, 2008.
10. E. Fisher, J. Tabrikian, and S. Dubnov, "Generalized likelihood ratio test for voiced / unvoiced decision using the harmonic plus noise model," Proc. of the international conference on acoustics and speech signal processing (ICASSP03), Hong-Kong, 2003.
Introduction to Linear Systems
Introduction to Control Systems
Linear Control Theory
Digital Control Systems
Advanced Topics in Control
Mechatronic System Design (1)